Friday, November 23, 2007

no school like old school.

It's 3.30am in the morning. Yes, I realise I redunded myself. I also realise I am rehashing an old thewinekone joke. I am watching retro Liverpool vs Newcastle. More accurately, the 1974 FA Cup Final, which Liverpool Football Club won 3-0. It's always nice to see legends in action. There was Ray Clemence, Steve Heighway, Emlyn Hughes the crazy horse, Kevin Keegan, John Toshack, Phil Thompson. Guess who was manager? The almighty Bill Shankly, with Bob Paisley as his assistant. Wonderful game. I wished there was a match with the Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush partnership though. One of, if not the best striker partnerships ever. Legendary record striker, with arguably the best player ever to have graced a red shirt. Then I wondered if commentators in the past had a much easier job when commentating on Liverpool games. And how many times they would have to repeat the phrase,"Dalglish, Rush, GOAL!" More than a little I should think. Seeing Crazy Horse's wide smile when lifting the trophy makes me feel like I should have been born earlier. It's supposed to be linked to the part before Rush and Dalglish but as I have said, it's 3.30am in the morning. I'm not supposed to be fluent and all. Good night.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home