Wednesday, November 07, 2007

numbers, numbers, numbers

At a time when mathematics are no longer part of my life for the moment, I realise numbers can never be totally gone. Time, money are just 2 examples. Numbers are also crucial, or maybe just fun to have in the beautiful game of football. Example being Liverpool's 8-0 demolition of Besiktas.

So many records and milestones.

1. Rafa's 50th European game in charge for Liverpool

2. Benayoun scored Liverpool's 16th European hat-trick

3. Liverpool's 2nd goal(Benayoun's first) was Liverpool's 100th European goal

4. 8-0 is the largest scoreline in any Champion's League match in the new format. This also means Arsenal's 7-0 record stood for less than a month. Nenenenepoopoo. (ok I'm being childish here.)

5. Sami Hyypia's 50th European game as well.

6. Steven Gerrard's goal takes him to within 1 of Michael Owen's record 22 in Europe for Liverpool.

7. I can't think of anymore. But having an extra point makes me look more convincing.

8. I want to have 8 points because 8 is the magic number.

Well, all I hope is that Liverpool can carry on this form for the rest of the season. And regarding topics unrelated to numbers, football at personal level yesterday was horrendous because I had broken my spectacles and walked around semi blind, causing intense discomfort to my eyes. And a fight nearly broke out again because Ah Bia (who else actually?) had started pushing and quarrelling with native boys. Then he wielded Turkey's hockey stick. Again. Ah Bia. Word of advice. Alibia there does not mean you have to make yourself more man and fight it out with the little boys. In the words of James, whom I have not seen for some time,

WE SETTLE THIS PEACEFULLY!

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home