Monday, January 21, 2008

back with baggage (weighty issues).

I am back from Taiwan with a whopping 4kg gained in 10 days. I have no idea why, but I attribute it to excess food and lack of exercise. The weather there does not make for good exercise but is wonderful for sleeping. And eating of course. And I wonder why I claim not to know why I gained weight. Running away from reality I suppose. Which of course in reality, is not really running. It's a sort of pseudo mental running, where running means escaping, rather than physical running where your muscles and bones in your legs and pelvis area move in a smooth and fluid continuous motion which propels your body forward. If I had done that the issue of putting on weight would have never arised. And why I did not use escape in the first place escapes me.

I realise that my weight of 84.4kg right now is not the best. It made me wish I was pre-weight gain 80.4kg. But when I was 80.4 kg I wished I was 75kg. So I have jumped to the conclusion that the skinnier you wish to be, the fatter you become. Therefore, I have jumped to another conclusion that if you don't want to gain weight, don't think of losing it. Please, however, do not ask why. I hardly understand the rationale behind it myself. Another solution, albeit a compulsory one, is the upcoming National Service which all males in Singapore have to attend. I remember exactly 5 years ago, when my mum said ,"Wah, ni duo wu nian jiu yao dang bing le.(Wah, you're going to NS in 5 years.)" I was scoffing at the thought. 5 years is a whole lifetime away. Well it was. Now it's more like 3 plus days.

This teaches you to always be serious when your mum tells you you're going to do something sometime you think is still far away. It's not. Unless of course my mum tells me,"Wah, ni duo ji nian jiu ke yi qu lao po le.(Wah, in a few years you can get married already)" which is not really possible unless I order a bride from regional areas. I dread the day in a few years when I'm actually flipping a mail-order-bride catalogue.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home