Monday, December 10, 2007

no sun on sunday.

I woke up at 3pm on Sunday, expecting my butt to be burnt by the afternoon sun. But I realised I was expecting too much. First of all, my room has no windows. Secondly, the day was decidedly stormy(not in the angry sense). Therefore, when I saw 3 o'clock on the clock, I was wondering if it was 3am or 3pm. Then I realised it couldn't be 3am because I slept at 4.30am the previous day. So 3pm it was, when I got out of bed and did the daily grooming stuff and then went to cancel the booking of the bbq pit due to the wet weather. After that, seeing as there was nothing to do yet, I went around the house moping and complaining to myself about there being nothing to do. These days, to do things, you need money. What I did later proves it.

What I did later was to meet Ah Bia, Turkey, You Liang and Raynard at Great World City. We were getting ready to buy food to cook at my house for Ronald, James(y-ah-m-s) and Jerold Tan's pre-enlistment party, otherwise known as an excuse to just hang out at someones house with alot of food and loud talking. Thing is, both Ronald and Jerold were not free to come, which is why I called the pre-enlistment thing an excuse. So we went to cold storage and bought whatever food was desired, as well as a 5l Heineken keg, which I am sure Ronald would have loved. James, of course, came at the perfect time. Right after we finished buying everything. We then went to my house, sat around waiting for the rain to stop(it didn't) before deciding to just hold this thing inside my house. Then Boris came with his pasta and we started the thing. Cue merry making and loud noises and making fun of each other and everything that is normal when many people come together.

So anyway, there was plenty of food left over because we bought too much. As well as perhaps a little more than 4l of the 5l keg since we, like all real men, chose to drink lime cordial and beer out of tiny paper cups. The keg is still residing in my fridge, waiting for the next guest to come so that I can serve them fresh draught beer out of the keg. However, as all good times come to an end, the thing ended. By that time, there was no sun. Besides, it was already Monday.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home