Sunday, February 25, 2007

just another distraction in life.

How funny it is, that sometimes a little alcohol can make one think so clearly. Was having a chat with ozy about the future since it is almost the end of the mainstream studying phase of my life. We both generally consented about business being the most viable option in the future. And my old rants about how the school system is not suitable for fostering creativity, is not closely connected with what I want to do in the future etc, I was pondering the thought of quitting school now.

Then I got a message from Mdm Goh about my copying of homework. I was definitely wrong to copy homework and I have to say my attitude in school this year is nothing short of shocking. I was feeling the stress of the common test and I must say the message sounded really serious. I had no idea copying of homework could have such deep underlying meanings like poor attitude in class. Still, even with the stress, I do not feel any motivation to work hard now. I understand that the school wants results and has whatever previous cases of last minute studying failing and stuff. BUT what counts is still the A Levels. Which I feel is useless anyway. A cert that leads to university entry if the results are good. If not, it is worse off than a diploma.

I feel like what I am doing right now is really meaningless. It is nothing more than studying and having to work my ass off for grades. Of course people take for granted that it is what everyone has to go through. But I feel JC is a redundant step. It's 2 extra years of secondary school that teaches more advanced secondary school subjects. I didn't use to think that way. Now I do. Perhaps it's really doing something that makes one realise what it really is. Like how if I go to work now I might suddenly feel different about studying.

Since I am already doing it, might as well get it done and over with. And done well. It is after all just another distraction in life. As if I wasn't distracted enough. If motivation was sold like packet drinks. I'd get some of it.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home