Monday, January 22, 2007

distractions.

They are surely not needed and mostly unwelcome when one is going about their business. Things such as TV, phones and in my case, usually the computer, distracts people while when have to do some work. Such as me typing this entry while I am supposed to be working on my Economics essay I have owed for the past week.

Sometimes however, I find distractions a welcome way to destress from the boring routine of everyday life. Major distractions such as Johnson's birthday party on Sunday have both their pros and cons. We had lots of fun and did lots of shit that we would do even if there was no party anyway. We had lots of food and lots of fun. We also spent a lot of money, but I would say it was money well spent.

The bad thing was that I woke up some 4 hours earlier than my normal Sunday and slept almost 2 hours later than my normal sleeping time, leaving me almost dead in school today. I practically slept through the first 2 periods, using headache as the passport to putting my head on the table and sleep, with some unwelcome distractions such as teachers waking me up.

Welcome distractions in lessons would be the teachers deviating off-topic, letting us chit-chat in the lesson, therefore more effectively keeping me awake then saying "wake up" in a monotonous voice that would push me even deeper into dreamland. Therefore, I like lessons where teachers are not so stuffy and give a more interactive and interesting lesson. I think everyone does.

Distractions such as a bug flying everywhere in class, leaving behind a trail of screaming hysteria is also very much welcome. How a little bug hovering above our heads could result in such a major loss of dignity in some, I will never find out. But it is definitely great to see this phenomenon at least once in a lifetime. If anyone thinks I am alluding to any particular incident. I am not. I am just conjuring up the image in my head.

Now, it is time to end this distraction and get back to my work before more distractions decide to come along, at 11.50pm to be exact.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home