Monday, August 25, 2014

push/pull.

Typical. Just a typical Monday morning. I sit crouched over the laptop in a tiny office, pretending to do work that I'm not particularly interested in (It's the money. We all need money.) while the rain pisses outside. The office doesn't actually have a window, but it was pissing when I arrived. This day was turning out to be just the way I envisioned it (and all Mondays excluding holidays). Grey. Grey should be the official Monday colour. I want to leave this place so much, but I can't. Because money. It shouldn't matter but it does. Something is pushing me away. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice place to live, where I am, but looking back at it from a distance makes it a nicer place.

I take a holiday with my mind. I think of all the places I have been, and all the places I would like to be, and take in the sights with my mind's eye. Travelling, it seems, is like a force, pulling me towards the next destination, sometimes to paths I have taken before. The desire to be free, is like a gun pointed to my head, forcing me to want to be free. I have to work hard to be free, however temporarily. And there, reality forces it's way into my thoughts like a rude aunty forcing her way into the crowded MRT carriage. I have to work hard to earn what I need to be free. Work hard to be free. Work makes you free.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home