Friday, August 08, 2014

empathy.

Mostly it's how being in a car robs us of all empathy for a fellow human. Today I was driving along the AYE when suddenly all traffic came to a halt near Clementi Avenue 6 exit. I was on the right lane, and inching forward. At 4pm. Something was clearly afoot. In any case, after about 20-30minutes of inching, I saw a car  with its hazard lights on, broken down on the right lane. And my first thought was "What an asshole. Stopping at the right lane." Before considering the fact that he was probably more exasperated and annoyed than I was, because I didn't have to stand in the middle of the road and wait for a tow truck, or get home even later. I don't even know how a sheet of metal and some glass can do this to a human.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home