Thursday, February 04, 2010

Svlad Cjellis solution to any problem in the world.

"I think," said Dirk, "you will be impressed. Consider this. An intractable problem. In trying to find the solution to it I was going round and round in little circles in my mind, over and over the same maddening things. Clearly I wasn't going to be able to think of anything else until I had to answer, but equally clearly I would have to think of something else if I was ever going to get the answer. How to break this circle? Ask me how."

"How?" said Miss Pearce obediently, but without enthusiasm.

"By writing down what the answer is!" exclaimed Dirk. "And here it is!" He slapped the piece of paper triumphantly and sat back with a satisfied smile.

Miss Pearce looked at it dumbly.

"With the result," continued Dirk, " that I am now able to turn my mind to fresh and intriguing problems, like, for instance..."

He took the piece of paper, covered with its aimless squiggles and doodlings and held it up to her.

"What language," he said in a low, dark voice, "is this written in?"

Miss Pearce continued to look at it dumbly.

Dirk Flung the piece of paper down, put his feet up on the table and threw his head back with his hands behind it.

"You see what I've done?" he asked the ceiling, which flinched slightly at being yanked so suddenly into the conversation. "I have transformed the problem from an intractably difficult and possibly quite insoluble conundrum into a mere linguistic puzzle. Albeit," he muttered, after a long moment of silent pondering, " an intractably difficult and quite possibly insoluble one."
_________________________________________________________

The world needs more geniuses like Douglas Adams.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home