Tuesday, May 12, 2009

stop bugging me.

What looked like a bunch of sycamore seeds floated and spun in the air, in seemingly random directions. On closer inspection, those "seeds" were actually hundreds of translucent wings. Attached to these wings were insects, which I cannot name, not because the name brings up anything unmentionable, but simply because I do not know what they are called.

Under the orange tinged light of the street lamp, these insects buzzed about in the air, causing quite my irritation levels to rise slowly but surely. The sentry post I was standing in was of no protection to me, as the insects flew where they pleased, including my sentry post. The M16 in my hands offered me no protection as wings buzzed about my ears. Swatting actions proved futile. So is trying to continue this post proving to be. All I will say is that I wished I had a flamethrower at that point in time.

After some time, some lizards appeared. The miasma of wings buzzing in the air did not irritate them as much as it did me. To me, the wings were just a source of unwanted disturbance. To the lizards, it meant buffet. So for much of the time, I watched the lizards capturing the insects. They had very quick reactions, turning left and right in split seconds whenever some insect decided the wings were not for flying and landed. Seconds later, the wings were permanently on the ground. The lizards looked like they were dancing with the insects. It was strangely therapeutic to see this "dance of death", probably because the number of the insects were decreasing at an increasing rate. Nevertheless, it helped to pass the time, and take my mind off my (then) full bladder, ready to explode. And everyone knows how slowly time passes when your bladder is full and you are denied access to the toilet.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home