Saturday, August 02, 2008

well, why are you still here?

That's a question I keep asking myself. Today(yesterday) is(was) the first day of August. August is the eighth month on the normal(I forget what it's really called) calendar. However, the 1st of August this year also happens to be the 7th month of the lunar calendar. The significance of this little factoid is negligible though. It happens to be a mere coincidence. The fact that I thought of it also happens to be a mere coincidence. The only reason I mention it is because I don't have anything else of note to mention. Which is why I ask myself the question. Well, why are you still here?

I feel I have drifted from the purpose of me making a blog in the first place, which is to share interesting ideas. Right now, it seems much more like a mind dump, where I just type random uninteresting stuff without thinking. It used to be random more interesting stuff without thinking. Have all the interesting stuff been tapped from my brain, along with the 4 wisdom teeth?

As interesting stuff goes, Mr Roald Dahl has always been quite an inspiration. Having been reading his short stories for adults(a probably more hidden side of his works), I found them pretty interesting, though sometimes less direct and slapstick, though just as compelling than the children's books. His stories are often unpredictable and ambiguous in nature and revolve closely around human nature. Some characters in his stories border on the absurd(just like his children's books characters), and are rather cunning and devious(sometimes too cunning and devious for themselves). I suppose they deal with the two-facedness of humans(even more so than a certain Harvey Dent). The plot also slowly unveils itself, rather than jumping straight at you. The ending is also often ambiguous and there is much to be deciphered by the reader. Not for the shallow reader and probably good Literature material. Perhaps a Dahl style short story in the near future for my own entertainment.

This is post number 444 by the way. Just thought it would be just another uninteresting factoid to add to the pile of uninterestings I have served up in the past. =)

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home