Tuesday, July 22, 2008

mary had a little rant.

Sometimes, you just know it when people are out to get you. Today we had a surprise spot check for contraband items. People who brought the items were asked to surrender them immediately. When noone did, the usual threats came out. Typical? Definitely.

What was a little different was that the person who conducted the check knew that some people had the items. Instead of directly warning them not to bring it(he did ask those who brought not to get caught), he decided to go through the method of a surprise spot check to filter them out. Not surprising when factors like bias, envy and such are taken into consideration.

Some might feel I'm overreacting. I definitely believe I am not, despite my tendency to do so sometimes. The reason is because this time I am not directly involved. I did not bring any contraband items(admittedly out of pure coincidence and lack of ownership of the mentioned items), but if I were to bring them and get caught as well, 3/4 of the people caught would belong in a a certain smaller group of people(now its 2/3). Which if I were to mention directly would land me in serious trouble.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home