Sunday, July 27, 2008

we shared a cup of lemon lime.

Sitting in front of my computer with nothing to do has led my mind to a song that first existed in the face of this world some 13 years ago - Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden. I am sure everyone who reads my blog(not many I presume) would know enough of this song in the back of their heads to hum along when the song is played. I think of how close my life is to the song at this immediate moment. Since "I'm sitting here in a boring room/It's just another (admittedly not)rainy Sunday afternoon/I'm wasting my time/I got nothing to do/I'm hanging around/I'm waiting for you(whoever you may be)/But nothing ever happens and I wonder".

Admittedly this is just the first verse but it's very close to what I'm going through now except it's not raining, which is not under my control. I also have no idea who I'm waiting for since everyone is at home now and there's still nothing to do anyway. I also wonder what I wonder about because at the present time nothing is going through my mind except "boring boring boring boring boring ARGHHHH".

I have just finished Odd Hours, which is the fourth installment of Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series. I am a great fan of the series and Odd's strangely philosophical outlook to life, himself and time. There are so many quotable quotes in the novel that do not do them justice if I choose to take them out of the context of the life of Odd Thomas and forcefully fit them into the context of my own life. Compared to this supposedly low profile 20 year old fry cooks life, mine is boring and mundane, and is the very anti theory of his concept of making the most out of the time we have in this life before moving out of the faceless and formless time into the next.

Perhaps a good dinner would help me dissipate all the extra energy. Getting up from this chair is so difficult. Besides, good food would be out of my reach in a little less than 36 hours. That is when I prepare for the wisdom tooth removal by not consuming anything(not even water) and then find myself awake with a small part of me missing. Including the lost time, which seems to have just warped away.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home