Tuesday, August 05, 2008

pain.

"Pain is normal for another one to two weeks.....", the dentist/doctor concluded. My brain shut off after that. That meant only one thing for me. Tomorrow I have to trudge back to the cesspit I have successfully avoided(not without sacrifices) for 11 days. In my extreme depression(you would feel it if you had to go there), I thought of the 1st 3 words of the phrase. Pain is normal. Is it?

Based on my knowledge(not a lot I must admit), pain is the body sending signals that something is not right. Basically, like if your hand is on an extremely hot surface like a frying pan(I don't see how anyone would put their hand ON a frying pan though. It's just an example.), pain tells you to take your damn hands off or you'd be eating your own fried/grilled fingers. In other words, pain is normal, but when you feel it, something else in your body is not. In my case, I guess swollen gums and pain is not enough to warrant another day of rest. I wish it did though.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home