Saturday, May 31, 2008

晚安地球人+疯狂世界+世界末日

Reliable sources(Stix) has told me that Google several search results for "apocalypse" has pointed to the end of the world being 2012(I have not done the search myself). Reasons are rather apparent even now it seems. Political and economic chaos, natural disasters, spiking oil prices, running out of natural resources. It seems surprising that we could even last until 2012.

With the impending end of the world, the questions I find myself asking is not how we could extend the life of this planet or how we can live longer ourselves. Instead, I think, at the exact moment, when the world comes to an end, what will I be doing? Who will I be with, or want to be with? Will I go with any regrets?

The world we live in today seems to be going crazy for the aforementioned reasons and more. People, as civilisation progresses, seem to have a regressing ability for peace, love and thoughtfulness to others. Each country wants to be the best at everything and therefore will make more than a small number of enemies along the way. Diplomatic relations seem hypocritical, more for self gain and self-sustainability than international friendship. As a result, weapons and built and purchased for defensive purposes. When the a comes where natural resources run dry, and mans selfish nature comes to the fore, will these things powerful enough to blast entire countries to pieces be used to attack others for their possessions instead?

Natural disasters of large scale have happened so many times within 2 years. Is this the Earth's reply to human folly? Do humans really think they are bigger than they really are?

In 2012, when the world is supposed to end, I will be (hopefully) 24, done with National Service. From 2010-2012, what will I want to be doing? Slogging in a university? I hope not. What I do know is that before the end of the world, I would want to have seen the places I want to see and at the moment when "GAME OVER" flashes on the middle of the screen, I want to be with my family and my closest friends, just in case nobody continues the game before 10 seconds are up.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home