Thursday, August 02, 2007

Submission

Beads of sweat trickled down my face. I felt an adrenaline rush I never felt before. But this is normal isn't it? After all, this was my first time doing such a thing. I tried to shut unnecessary thoughts out of my head but it seemed like an impossible task. Just like in Mission Impossible when Tom Cruise what the... how the hell did I even get to Mission Impossible? I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my task at hand. Failure is not an option. Failure could jeopardise my safety, even my life. I closed my eyes again because while thinking, I somehow opened them without my own knowledge. I tried to focus. Again.

Submission going down down
Dragging me down submission
I can't tell ya what I've found

I went deeper into the task, submerging myself within it. I had to succeed. Just at that moment, my target appeared. If there ever was a time for submission... it was now. I took a deep breath, flicked open the cover of the joystick and looked into the sights. I was approaching it at high speed. Now or never. I pushed the button.

"Good job."

He opened the chest and inside, the solid gold shone like the sun. The sub had dangerously low oxygen levels by the time I reached the depth where the chest was. I had to move fast before I ran out of air and out of luck. Fortunately, neither happened. The air tank ran out just moments before I surfaced.

"Here's your share. US$10 million"

Submission going up up
Pulling me up submission
I can't believe my luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home