Friday, July 13, 2007

results.

Got back my final mid-year results. Must say it was pretty disappointing in some ways. And thatappointing(opposite of disappointing) in others. Lets start with something disappointing.

Economics - 37

It was a pretty okay improvement I guess. From CT's 24, it was a 13 point leap. However, I felt I could have done MUCH MUCH better, considering I knew what I had to do for the questions. Unfortunately, I think this time, it was a case of no application of knowledge. Disappointing.

Maths - 24

Also a huge leap of 19 points from CT's 5. But from 5, it's not that hard to make such a huge jump is it? Also expected to do much better since I studied quite hard for it. From the paper, it seems that I'm not familiar enough with the sums, as well as some errors which were ultimately quite serious. Expected to fail but not as badly.

Literature - 46

Must say I was quite surprised. I expected to fail very badly this time round because I had changed my idea halfway through paper 4 and had no time to complete my essay. But it's an improvement from 39 in CT. I don't know how I'm supposed to study for Lit though.

Geography - 44

I was quite surprised to even get 44, considering how I thought it would be a major disaster. Dropped from 47 in CT but I feel relieved to get 44 even. Mixed feelings I guess. Need to work on human geog because even though I thought I screwed up physical, I still got higher for it.

GP - 45

Improved from 36 in CT. I don't know what to say. Measly 1.5 for summary and 2 for AQ. Essay only got 20 as well.
___________________________________________________________________

Less disappointing, is Liverpool's transfer market action this summer. After the capture of Fernando Torres, we are set to sign Ryan Babel tomorrow and Yossi Benayoun as well. Babel looks like a hot prospect, while Yossi is probably a replacement for Luis Garcia, whom I feel is irreplaceable. I feel consoled that the one taking Robbie's number 9 is Torres though. Hope he lives up to Robbie and Rush. Looking forward to the new season but not Prelims and stuff that comes as well.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home