Wednesday, July 11, 2007

PMS - Post Mid-year Stress

I don't know how to say this but for one of the first times in my life, I actually feel really disappointed for failing my exams. This feeling is the epitome of sian. I can't bring myself to say that it's okay anymore because of the implications behind what I thought and still think is mere numbers and a mere exercise to test a students ability at that point in time.

The different thing is probably because this time i actually studied for the exam and even had tuition. While there was marked improvement, the grades are ultimately the same. I would be rather relieved that there is an improvement. However, there is also the responsibility of having to break the news to my parents, which will no doubt be very difficult for me, both in first telling them, then facing the consequences. However, that would be nothing compared to how I feel I have let them down. Not a good feeling.

Neither is realising that after studying, what is my best at this point in time is still not good enough. Prelims in 7 weeks. Must do better. By a lot.
___________________________________________________________________

Alright, enough self reflection and semi-emoing. Another thought I have thought about(yes) alot is the power of the subconscious and how to tap into it. I realise my best (in my opinion) ideas appear when I am half asleep, when I am in the shower or when I am generally not thinking alot. However, when I'm not consciously thinking, the subconscious mind surfaces (I think) and these brilliant fleeting ideas come and go. And when I try to recall what I was thinking about 2 seconds ago, I can't. If only there was a way to remember.
___________________________________________________________________

There's also another totally unrelated topic which has caught my attention. The fool-proof way to become popular. It can be done in 2 simple steps.

1) Paint yourself blue. All over. In general, make yourself seem as close to a blue 3D stick figure as possible. It helps if you are skinny.

2) Call yourself Mr Inverter.

If you don't know what I am talking about, you don't watch enough TV. If you do, you watch too much. =)

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home