Monday, March 19, 2007

Today is Monday

Today is Monday. Today was a rainy day. Rainy days are not a good start to the day if you are reading a literature book. However, this rainy day was pretty much okay except for one thing. Which happened after it stopped raining.

Somehow, school vice-authority decided that my message to our junior class needed censoring and the author of that message needed an earful of "good advice" about pride about the school. The original message was

"Hello J1s, it is too late for you to change school now. So might as well enjoy yourself here in CJC and make good use of your time. Enjoy yourselves more. In fact, just enjoy yourselves!"

And through this, I finally understood why there was male balding. It was not about medical conditions. It was about the penchant to think. Sometimes too much. Thinking is a good thing. Thinking too much makes you stupid. And so I got a lecture about lack of pride in my school, myself. And about how "it's too late for you to change school" shows that I don't want to be here. And about how 500 plus students are on the waiting list to enter this school. "Okay," I said, being an agreeable person "But I do believe you are thinking too much. This is meant as humour."

He told me in his own words "This is very SERIOUS HUMOUR!" whatever that is supposed to mean. A result of thinking too much I gather. And so he proceeded to tell me to change it to something that is better. Since he thought that my original message lacked pride, I borrowed a bottle of blanco and proceeded to blanco every single word except "Hello J1s". The final message was something to be proud of.

"I was told to tell you to take pride in your school, your uniform and your work. Enjoy yourselves. I hope you do."

Well, I did convey to them whatever was conveyed to me. I hope the vice-authority is proud of me.

justin.

PS: I thought that message was supposed to be from J2s to J1s. Why does it now seem like it's from J2s --> JS --> J1s. Censorship I guess. Don't they just love to control everything under the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home