Friday, December 29, 2006

this was supposed to be up before i went to korea. but here it is belatedly...

Ponder this question.

If a very VERY ugly girl/guy tells you she/he loves you very much, will you accept her/him?

I forsee most answers to be along the lines of "I'll look at character". You know what I will say? I'll give you a clue. It starts with "B" and ends with "ullshit" and it's another word for cattle organic waste. I bet 99% of those coming up with the character answer is just lying to others as well as themselves. I sincerely believe that everyone would want their other half to be at least decent looking. For a few reasons.

Firstly, it's for self. Be frank, who would want their other half to be ugly? What more very VERY ugly. I am sure if this type of people confess that they like you, you would be somewhat afraid or revolted. It is true. Humans are visual beasts. Superficial. To a certain extent that is.

Secondly, it's for others. It is probably a fact that people would like to show off their other half to other people. Thus, there is a need for at least decent looks. If one shows off a very VERY ugly other half, he/she would be the subject of mockery. Not nice.

However, my argument does have some exceptions. Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore, very VERY ugly is subjective. An exceptional beauty in your eyes could be an overweight hippotamus with buck teeth and acne on the butt in others eyes. Therefore, when you see some overweight hippotamus with buck teeth and acne on the butt with a guy on the street, don't be surprised. She might be exceptionaly beautiful to him.

Next, character is really an important part of a person. So i guess it's just cattle organic waste to a certain extent. However, it takes a period of time to get to know one's character. Therefore, if you don't know the person except that they are very VERY ugly, it is not right to say "look at character" because you DO NOT know the character.

What is my stand? Theoretically, of course, I would want a hot and very pretty chick with wonderful character. Realistically, I would like at least a decent looking person with good character. Not a very VERY ugly one. Superficial? That's human.

Probably there won't be any such genius posts for a week because I will be developing nuclear missiles in Korea. This is typed right after the previous post. But I will spread it out. It would be another time when this is up.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home