Wednesday, December 06, 2006

taking the bad with the good.

I realised something during the holidays(actually I probably realised sometime ago), that when there is nothing to do, when all is smooth sailing, it gets boring. There is no inspiration for anything, the brain stops working and you become stupid. But i realised it more in depth now, if there is such an expression. When did I realise it more in depth? When I was watching cartoons. It's probably weird to think of all this while watching cartoons but that's how it happened.

Anyway, what I happened to think of is how if there is no setback in someone's life, when everything is really smooth sailing with nothing going wrong whatsoever, then that someone probably has a miserable life(in my opinion). Fortunately, the numbers of such people are close to zero. Everything, however well planned to make sure nothing go wrong, will go wrong in some way. Therefore, the challenge is to react to what goes wrong. How one reacts to the setbacks are very crucial. This reaction is what makes the brain work, and what gives inspiration. To have a problem to solve is the whole point of starting out on something anyway. Except maths problems anyway. That is an entirely different proposition. Homework as well.

Also, I believe greater satisfaction is gained from overcoming a setback than having no setbacks at all(as I have already mentioned maths and other homework is a different proposition). Why? Because you work for your reward. You don't get rewards for nothing(it's difficult to anyway). And if so happens there are wastrels like I watch on TV which spends all the families money and cannot earn any money, it is very sad. Fortunately, I think that happens mostly on TV only.

Therefore, with my weak argument that I believe can't convince anyone, I hope to convince myself anyway, that I would rather have some minor setbacks in my life rather than a plain smooth sailing one. Note: MINOR.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home