Tuesday, February 28, 2012

now i think i understand, how this world can overcome a man.

It's quite stunning, is death. How it can affect people. I found out that one of my primary school schoolmate passed away 2 days ago. I wasn't close to him. Talked to him a little, and found him in general a sound guy. But I was immediately put into a sombre mood nonetheless, despite having lost contact with him and probably not spoken to him for years upon years. Because that's what death does to you. Especially the death of one obviously not ready to go, with his whole life still ahead of him. My first reaction was a "what the fuck?!" in my head, before wanting to find out what could have taken a young man from his life, so suddenly taking away a son, a brother. Death is never easy to deal with, and the humour article I shared about eulogies suddenly doesn't seem so funny anymore.

Makes you want to think of all the wonderful fucking things to do with your life, only to fall back into the cycle, clicking into gear. You think "well it's not gonna happen to me". Well, so does everyone. Probably gone to bed, with plans for tomorrow, the next week. I'd say live your life as if every day was your last, but we all know it's bullshit. People don't think that until it's too late. All the time.

Fuck this mate. RIP, hope you're in a better place now.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home