Monday, September 29, 2008

some unwind after the rewind.

I realise my blog has been quite superficial of late and I'm not really proud of myself. It's probably been 2 (relatively)wild weekends in terms of expenditure. Thus far I have been rather disappointed in terms of what the army has been doing to my brain. I can't come up with the ideas and thoughts I used to come up with periodically. I feel my blog drifting further and further away from what I originally intended it to be. Perhaps it's a gradual change in my thoughts and mentality(from existent to slowly disappearing). Maybe I shouldn't make posts like this anymore.

Something(I really have no idea what. It's the random factor coming into play. A little voice at the back of my head says "lost money". I tell it to shut up.) has caused me to think how much(little is the more appropriate word but "how much" is the term) I have actually achieved after living for almost 20 years. A few decent results in examinations, more than my fair share of poor results, nothing actually of note. My feelings now are rather mixed. On one hand, I think that I should be contented and not bother about what other people are doing. However, no man is an island, and the world waits for noone. If I don't make myself competitive, how am I to survive? I find myself forced into the mentality society wants me to have.

Does this happen to everyone on the transition to adulthood. Is money really the most important thing to have, more so than friends and family? It's not for me, but for many, the question could be much more complicated than it seems. Perhaps it is time to do something I haven't really done in a long time. Sit down, read, think. Even that might not be enough.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home