Monday, September 22, 2008

on what is essentially the same thing.

Saturday started early for me. About 7.15am to be precise. After which I made my way to SSDC for my 2nd driving lesson, which didn't go too smoothly. After that football, then home. Typical Saturday it seemed. Then comes the drastic untypical part of this Saturday.

At 5.28pm, I rushed out from my house, desperately late, hoping to catch the 5.30pm shuttle bus to Orchard MRT. It was not to be. I saw the shuttle bus departing from Great World City as I stood powerless on the other side of the road. I checked the time. 5.30pm exactly. Since when was the shuttle bus so on time. And so began the longest 15 minutes of my life(which is actually an unneccessary exaggeration, since punctuality is not in my dictionary and I have actually gotten used to being extremely late). To make a long story short, the next bus arrived and I reached my destination. Late as usual.

But as some funny logic dictates that being late does not equate to not waiting, for there is bound to be someone later. And so that happened. When everyone had arrived, some 1 hour after the original meeting time, we set off to purchase a gift, which was to be a watch with a message to the world. "I AM NALD NALD BUNS" the watch proclaimed. Gift in hand, money in City Chains cash register, we went to Raffles City to meet the star of the day, the afforementioned "nald nald buns" which the watched had prophesied(actually we set the message). And like the Fellowship of the Ring, we set off for Chjimes on foot, a long an arduous journey through Raffles City and it's high-end shops.

At Chjimes, there was dinner at Carnivore, which served meat, which most would by now have realised since it was not likely that Carnivore is a vegetarian restaurant, unless the owner had an ironically wicked sense of humour. What most would by now have not realised was that I have already spent almost half my NS pay for the month, within 10 days of getting it(since I did not mention it until now). Back to the subject of meat consumption, we were close to being force fed in Carnivore, so much so we had to reject more slices of tempting roast sirloin and lamb and fish and whatever else they had to offer, because we were filled up to the oesophagus with various meats. In fact, there was enough meat to make me vegetarian for a long time. Of course my idea of vegetarian does not mean eating vegetables. It means eating the various crispy mysteries the vegetarian noodle shop has to offer.

And so once the bill was settled($85 each), we also settled down for an hour of saying lets go and not actually going anywhere. In the end, we all went home.

Sunday, I spent the remaining of my months pay and more, $78 for A7X, $30 which I have been owing Gillian for more than one year since Ronald's last birthday(which I honestly forgot until the event decided to come around again this year), and my weekly expenditure. Now's a good time to live like a beggar. We need more allowance.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home