Thursday, September 18, 2008

stayin alive.

Tomorrow marks the last day of staying out in army. I'm feeling a little funny right now. Like there are some huge changes going on that I cannot see, but can only feel. Like a gradual change in heat, not felt until it gets too intense. I don't think its the staying in that really affects me but I don't really know what it is. Personally, I would definitely prefer to staying out. Who wouldn't? The feel of my butt cheeks on the familiar toilet seat is infinitely comforting. As is my own bed.

But is staying in such a bad thing that one would go all out to get a medical excuse for staying in? We get nights out, and are allowed to bring in comfort items such as television sets. Though it might not be as comfortable as my own toilet seat or bed, it is very decent by army standards. Granted other technicians get to stay out, but I wonder why we cannot just suck it up. It is after all the army, and not a chalet camp. I hear things like, "it's restricting our freedom."

Which will bring me to the point which I believe I have repeated so many times people would just stab my heart if I mention it again. I'll risk it. How free are we anyway? I do understand why people do not want to stay in, but if you're going to have to do it anyway, might as well do it happily. I shall stop before I cannot stop.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home