Sunday, June 08, 2008

sometimes words are plentiful and yet lack meaning.

This is yet another of my bored moments. When I get bored, I tend to lack inspiration, thus any blog posts that comes out of my bored moments are boring. I think. But thinking too much tends to restrict whatever comes out of your mind and thus shackles the whatever inspiration I get.

So now seems like a good time to just do therapeutic typing and let the words flow like a river of words. I see a redundant repetition there but that's just the way things work with me. They don't. I totally dislike work, so I try not to work. So do things I use. But I digress.

Sometimes, when I do a blog post, I think too much about it and when the resulting post comes out, it doesn't convey what I'm trying to say at all and I end up wasting my time. It's not to say that thinking about something doesn't work but sometimes, something that's done in 10 minutes could end up being superior to something done in 2 hours. Or even longer.
______________________________________________________________________

The line above signifies a break/intermission, or actually just the beginning of a new topic.

Now I am going to talk about the power of a left click. Just think, how a left click can bring you from the sweltering heat of the Sahara to the biting cold of Antarctica, from the free and vast plains of Africa to the towering rainforests of the Amazon, from bustling cities to quaint countrysides. How empires can be built and destroyed, how enemies can be shot in the head, how you can take control of your favourite football team, live a totally different alternate life without anyone ever having to know.

Of course, this power is limited. It fulfils all your fantasies on a computer screen. But what one sees is not always what one gets. While it shows you the places you want to go to, lets you simulate what you have always wanted to do, doing something in real life is always different. It brings you to the Sahara but you do not feel the heat, the sand, the dryness of the air. You go to Bangkok or Barcelona but you do not smell the city, the streets. You do not feel the sticky humidity of the Amazon, nor the frostiness of Antarctica. Your legs don't even have to move. You will not enjoy the exhilaration of having a wild giraffe being less than 50m away, nor get to enjoy the food which the markets sell. You can shoot a person in the head with all ruthlessness online but you cannot hold a gun in real life. You can build an empire from scratch online but you are a part of another's global empire offline.

The left click is so powerful, yet it is not something you can grasp or immerse yourself in. Once you close the window, exit the game, the facade is broken. The power of the left click is the power of illusion. No more.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home