Tuesday, November 07, 2006

time really flies.

I think I've done an entry on time awhile back. About how time = money and how I wished they were exchangeable items. Now is one of those times(pardon the pun). My mother's logic is that time flies. I really have to say this is a very convenient logic for adults. In fact, they love this logic.

Take when they want you to study. They will nag at you about how major exams will be here in a few months and how times flies and if you don't study the exams will be here in double quick time and give you a huge kick up your ass and chew you up and spit you up and screw you big time. Of course they don't say that. They say "You don't study now later you fail don't ask me to sign report book/I will cane you/don't come home!" And you cannot argue how you can study 8 subjects in one week, each the day before the paper itself. Or they will kill you before the exams.

Similarly, when they want to delay something good for you. They will say that time passes really quickly and that they will do it soon. Like when they were supposed to buy you a new handphone. Take it that it's the start of November now. They say "Get it during Christmas la. It's cheaper. They always have promotions during then what." You say "But it's very long leh."
They come up with an invincible argument. You are going to Korea next week what. Also no need phone. When you come back wait for about 1 month more can buy already. Time pass very quickly one."

I say. Please take all this waiting time and give me the money. Anytime. Then when I get my phone I can buy back the time and rewind it until today. But of course time and money are not exchangeable and I am once again coming up with nonsense.

On another note, I think I'm electrical. I've just spoilt my old phone and now my room light's blown. Or I could be very clumsy.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home