Thursday, January 29, 2009

busted.

"What are you planning to do after completing your studies?" It was an innocuous and rather annoying question for someone who didn't quite know me so well to ask. It's one thing to push your insurance cum savings plan to me and ask me to sign up for it and quite another to make me ponder upon my future. Which I hadn't quite planned. Therefore, I made a two syllable answer which answered any further question he had. "Dunno."

I really did not know what my future held in store for me. First of all, I didn't have a place to further my studies yet. Then, the crucial question and answer in the paragraph above. Which led me to think of another question which is not quite so easy to answer if I had to think seriously. "What am I actually good at?" Off my fingertips, I'm good at remembering unnecessary facts, watching football and giving a running commentary, talking cock with my friends, delivering wicked insults, slacking... the list goes on. Basically, what I'm good at is not really useful. And this is really quite a lot to think when I'm just waiting to go home and not in need of someone bothering me to sign up for a savings plan which I obviously cannot afford at this point in time. And yet like a leech, he refused to let go, causing me to miss my bus.

Then I thought of it. I was brilliant at missing buses. I had a natural born talent for it. Every time when I go to a bus stop to take a particular bus, I never fail to see the bus moving out of the bus bay(much to my dismay) just when I move into a position where I can see the bus stop about 30m away. It's too late to start the running and frantic flagging, but early enough to ensure the longest waiting time for the next bus. It happens no matter what time I leave the house. I always looked upon it some sort of bad luck, but now I realise that I can make good money out of it. I can be some sort of reference to people who want to catch a certain bus, and make them leave wherever they want to leave about 2 mins ahead of me, whereupon they are certain to just catch the bus at the right time, leaving me to miss the bus. Of course, since there's only one of me, the service will not be provided at a cheap price. But it has to be relatively cheap since the person I'm providing a service to has to take a bus. Then I realise it's not such a realistic idea after all.

When I stopped daydreaming and looked up, I saw my bus moving off from the bus stop.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home