Saturday, May 03, 2008

music of the night.

It really feels quite terrible to be alone. It's 2.33am, people are not replying on MSN and my light source is the harsh fluorescent bulbs. The fan is off, so there is no light whirring to accompany me. As such, I am also sweating due to the humid temperature. Why I do not walk 7 steps to the fan, turn it on, then walk 7 steps back is beyond my comprehension. People are complicated in that way(or just too damn lazy). Before deciding to do this, I was in a dilemma. I was hungry, but too damn lazy to walk to the kitchen to find food. My stomach didn't growl in protest so I guess it's just greed acting up in me. Come to think of it, it was probably a combination of the 2 cardinal sins of sloth and gluttony. So all was quiet, besides the tapping on my keyboard, where each tap sounds like a round being fired off from the 25mm Bushmaster chain gun.

Come to think of it, in this silent(relatively) night, sounds are still aplenty. The roar of cars going by, with the occasional ROAR of the Ferrari or Lamborghini. The aforementioned gunshots, and the sound coming from within myself. So my stomach decided to protest after all. The ticking of a clock is surprisingly clear, telling me "hey kid, time is passing as you waste your time doing whatever you're doing now."

"Shut up clock, just shut up!"

I don't like to admit I am wasting time, neither do I like to admit I am crazy for telling the clock to shut up. I can stop one clock but I cannot stop millions of clocks around the world. I cannot prevent the Earth from rotating around the sun and from spinning on its axis in a 23.5 degree angle. I am not yet fat enough. The table leg croaks as I rub my foot against it(for whatever reason I don't know). Perhaps somewhere, a frog is croaking back at my table leg, mistaking it for another lonely frog looking for a friend. It really feels quite terrible to be alone.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home