Sunday, June 10, 2007

overly ovenly. microwave madness. air-con popcorn. (alternatively titled "I wish I was cool")

The weather these days is getting really hot. In fact, outside, it is not that much different from household appliance known as the oven. It was so hot that I did not want to leave my house at all. Neither does anyone else I gather. Either that or they do not want to leave anywhere with air-conditioned air. Such as shopping centres, where the air-con is free. Where does "popcorn" come in then? you ask after reading my title. Nowhere. I just needed something to rhyme with air-con. Which popcorn does not fully rhyme as well. Why not change it to something like "recon" or even "Con Air" starring Nicolas Cage? Because I am lazy. But I digress. The weather is really hot and therefore, anywhere where the temperature is lower than the one soaring like an eagle outside. Which is why many people, including myself, have resorted to artificial air cooling devices such as the fan or the air-conditioner, which is used to condition air.

However, is the air-con really a solution? Isn't it one of the factors which contribute to global warming, which is partly why pig farms have become roast pork shops. There for people get caught in this endless cycle of the world heating up until everyone in the world needs to purchase an air-conditioning unit, therefore resulting in an oligopoly in all air-con makers such as Sanyo, Daikin(now with inverter technology), Mitsubishi, Hitachi etc. In which case they will become very very rich and the others will become very very poor. Looks like I have uncovered a conspiracy theory here.

Anyway, air-conditioning cannot be the long term solution, since it results in a very bad result, like my common test maths result. Therefore, I have decided to equip myself with 2 new languages, Polish and Finnish to speak with the polar bears and killer whales in the North Pole and go there on a long holiday, where the weather is cooler.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home