Thursday, October 27, 2011

do you ever feel...

Some(most) days, I don't even get up on time to catch daylight(because I sleep after sunrise). Some days when I do, I feel like going back to sleep. Today is one of those days. When 2pm feels like 5am(not really because at 5am I AM ALIVE!), and the warmth of my thin rag posing as a blanket beckons me, like a mothers bosom beckoning her beloved child. My bed is as hard as bricks(the softer kind, uh, yes FOAM BRICKS), but it appears to also possess the hugging power of a grizzly bear added together with a Russian wrestler not unlike Zangief from Street Fighter and The Big Show. And the holding power of a quick-swamp(something like a quicksand, but in a SWAMP!). Meaning I am helpless and cannot extricate myself from it.

As I sink deeper, worrying thoughts begin to form in my mind. Thoughts of my imminent (and figurative) death, thoughts of why and how gender inequity is perpetuated in the domestic arena, thoughts of Durkheim's thoughts on whatever subject happens to be in his mind, thoughts of how I can get large amounts of money in a short time, thoughts of uh... nothing because there are intermissions in my thoughts where my brain gets to rest, thoughts of you know, how with this weather, with a cup of coffee and a pack of cigarettes, with only my lamp on and me sitting in front of the laptop, I could make like a struggling author, crafting out his novel... ENOUGH!!

I realise how much time I'm wasting, talking about how I am unable to get out of bed, when obviously, typing this post, I AM already out of bed. Why am I such a filthy liar? And instead of  wasting my time talking about how I am unable to get out of bed, I might as well either just get in it or get on with work.

No wonder I never get things done.
_______________________________________________________________

On a totally unrelated note,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

I should try to get home despite the weather.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home