Sunday, July 18, 2010

not so helpful.

Today, I was waiting for my bus at YMCA opposite the Cathay when a couple of tourists asked for directions to Jurong Birdpark. I was not sure of the directions so I tried to get them to take the MRT to Jurong East or somewhere near there, so it would probably be alot easier to navigate. As I was explaining to them, my bus arrived. I wanted to tell them to board the bus with me to get to Redhill station, but in the end, due to miscommunication(I think), they thought I was saying that my bus was here and that I had to go. So I boarded the bus and left.

On the bus, I wondered if helping them out and missing just that bus was actually the thing I should have done. Considering everything, I wouldn't have much to do reaching home 15 minutes earlier anyway, so it wasn't that big a loss. And they would have had some help. I certainly wouldn't like someone I was asking a question to board a bus midway through his explanation. Perhaps, courtesy campaigns are for people like me, who think of themselves ahead of others, unwilling to sacrifice even a little bit of his own time to help someone who needs it. Not feeling too proud now.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home