Friday, July 16, 2010

meanwhile the mice endure the wheel.

I went to have my contact lenses prescribed today. My grandmother has been to the same optician for more than 10 years, so I went there as well. I had my eyes checked and there was no change in the severity of my short sightedness. My brother was there as well, having missed school, and somehow, we went into the topic of this strange thing called life. What the optician said struck me. He said he only woke up when he was 27. He didn't like to work, and loved to enjoy himself. But there comes a time, when you realise your dreams are just that and that you have to join in the rat race, just to feed yourself. It seems like a harsh reality, but honestly(and sadly), I think he's right. Perhaps there is a lack of risk taking mentality, perhaps the price to pay for risk taking in Singapore is too big for people to be willing to take the first step. So the next best thing is to follow the masses, and swim with the current. Or perhaps I am too short sighted to see what's really good.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home