Friday, May 28, 2010

because he didn't not do that thing that he was not supposed to not do.

There hasn't been many updates basically because there's nothing to be updated on. Work is dragging on at a steady pace. I've been sent into a sleep induced rage after being woken up at unearthly(for me) hours of 7 in the evening. What's keeping me going is the promise of money to be earned to finance my material wants. Sonisphere. Iron Maiden. Motley Crue. It promises to be a hell of a trip.

Thing is, I'm thinking. Am I slowly but surely being dragged into the rat race, just like so many others, who though ideally would like to sit outside and observe other people in a mad rush for whatever is up for grabs, realise that if you're not one of them, then you must be either already very rich, or very willing to sacrifice material comfort. Which sitting on your ass is not likely to get you. Many speak of material comfort as if it isn't important to them at all, once you've got your best friends and family. But how many of them would be willing to sacrifice material comfort for their friends and family. And how many are actually willing to sacrifice their friends and family for materialistic gains. I fear the latter might outnumber the former. But I digress.

The rat race, though stupid to the observer, is actually necessary for the rats survival. At a time when so little food is available, rationality and logic get thrown out of the window and pure survival instinct kicks in. The fast and strong win. The weak or the lazy just don't get to eat. But I also realise I'm trying to justify the rat race just because I'm being dragged into it. Typical human nature.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home