Wednesday, May 19, 2010

just go.

I don't know why I never go to sleep early. I always manage to fill my time doing something so nonconstructive that even I can't remember what they are most of the time and that it would have been better and more rightly spent sleeping. Sometimes, it's really difficult to get any explanation regarding things like this.

On another note, A7X's new album Nightmare is coming out on the 27th of July. It feels a little strange, looking forward to something that you know will be the last of it's kind, in this case, the last A7X album with contributions by the late Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, who laid down drum demos, some vocal tracks and wrote some songs. On one hand, I'm eagerly anticipating the album, but on the other hand, it's sad knowing that A7X will probably not sound the same without the creative input of Jimmy. I hope that it turns out well, like how Metallica coped with the death of Cliff Burton, who was also a major musical influence in Metallica's early thrash metal days. In the meantime, Mike Portnoy's probably going to be awesome cover for Jimmy, at least with the drums. But Jimmy's vocals are more or less irreplaceable. I know it's also a little late to be writing some sort of R.I.P thing for The Rev, since he passed away in December last year, but the feeling of his death seems so surreal, right up till now. With various videos of his antics, his singing, his drumming, it feels like he's still here, though I've never actually met him(but I did see him live in a concert).

Regardless, I hope he's having a good time jamming with Cliff, Jimi, Kurt, not forgetting the recently departed Ronny James Dio, as well as various others. It's a rockin' afterlife.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home