Thursday, March 19, 2009

just a little reminder.

So on Tuesday, someone gave me a little reminder, on how maybe we aren't as invincible as we think we might be. Not that I think I'm invincible, but I never thought I'd be the victim of a finger barely hanging on its joint, bleeding like a tap. So you get the idea.

It happened at the speed of bad news, which according to "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is faster than the speed of light, so I can only theorise what exactly happened. The speed at which I will be typing the theoretical incident is much slower, considering only my left hand is of use at the moment. Because it is the middle finger of my right hand(top phalanx) which was nearly ripped off at it's joint.

My theory goes the way of my finger being caught in the BX handhold while i carelessly stepped into a hole in the drain cover. Since it happened so quickly, I can only assume it was the tearing action that ripped my ligaments apart and caused the unwanted bloodshed. I was surprisingly calm throughout the incident, walking to the Medical Centre with another guy. Hell, I was even calmer then some of the medics, who basically went "UGHH". I went "I need to see the MO now" and proceeded to wait for about 10 minutes, which was quite a long time the MO needed to walk roughly 50m. But this has already exceeded the theory part.

So at the hospital, after a few rounds of temporary treatment and waiting, I finally got into the operating theatre at 7.40pm (I was first injured at 2.30pm) and under local anaesthesia. So they proceeded to rip my nail off, sew the ligaments together and insert 2 pieces of wire into where the fracture was and wrap my finger like a corndog. And everytime I look at the "corndog", I think, WHAT THE FUCK ONLY 14 DAYS MC??!!

justin.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

well, i could sign on the corndog before your mc's up...

anyways, when's good for dinner? :)

- faii

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home