Sunday, December 14, 2008

in defiance of gravity.

This piece was done sometime last year, when I still took Literature lessons. Found a word document of it lying around in one of my random folders and decided to share it. The inspiration comes from the prose done in Chinese by Ashin in the 离开地球表面 lyrics booklet. I hope everyone enjoys it. Below my adaptation is the original prose.
___________________________________________

Before the thunderstorm, I am always deepest in thought. I am more silent than anyone.

The moving pictures in my mind always begin in youth. Since, the age of 7, I have always loved that moment. When you smell the Earth emanating the richness of the soil. When you see the mystical ray of light emerging from the dark shrouds. Silently, time slows down and you feel wrapped in the wonderment of the moment.

The moment. It begins when the teacher walks out of the classroom, back to the office, lasting till the first marble-sized drop of rain embraces the soil. This moment, the world is mine. I take my recorder out from my school bag.

The music. I command the angels to descend. I command the elephants to float with the clouds, turning the world into what it should be like. I am the one-metre tall ruler, at the top of the world.

The plane lands with a jerk. I jolt awake from my dreams. I feel the strong vibrations of every tiny part of the giant 747. The rattling of each part put together, like a stampede of wildebeest. 2007. I land on the face of the earth.

The tiny conqueror of the past, now squeezed uncomfortably in the tiny abyss of a seat. Tired. Trays shake, paper cups topple, live evolves. Evolves into hundreds of thousands of days, securely shackled by gravity. The rain is pouring onto the city. The captain’s message through the public announcement fights a losing fight with the battle cries of each tiny drop. They, in turn battle the pull of gravity.

I only remember, in my dream. I did the same.
____________________________________________

「我 否定地心引力!」

大雨之前,我總是比誰都沈默。

印象裡,從我小學一年級開始,我就非常喜歡那個奇異的時刻。當你嗅到地球散發著帶土壤味的肌膚味道,當你看到操場籠罩著魔幻的天光,你就知道靜靜的感受那個時刻的美妙了。

從走廊上練著外丹功的老師回辦公室之後,到第一顆彈珠大的雨滴落下之前,世界就是我一個人的。我從書包拿出長笛,指揮天使下凡,控制大象離地,將世界布置成該有的樣子。我,是一個一百公分高的王者。

轟隆!飛機倏然落地,我從睡眠中驚醒。巨大的七三七,上萬個零件都劇烈的震動著,發出史前動物般的巨響。我降落在二零零七年的地球表面。

當時那個的充滿法力的小國王,現在疲憊的深陷在座椅裡面。毛毯抖落,紙杯傾倒,人生演化成萬把個被地心引力牢牢鎖住的日子。這個城市正下著大雨,機長嘈切的廣播吃力的跟雨聲搏鬥著。


只記得,在夢中,我狠狠地否定了地心引力。


justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home