Wednesday, December 02, 2009

the liverpool way.

Today commemorates the 50th anniversary of Bill Shankly taking over as manager of Liverpool Football Club. Just a little quote from the man himself, taken off the official website.

"If I became a bin-man tomorrow" he said to me when I asked him about his politics, "I'd be the greatest bin-man who ever lived. I'd have Liverpool the cleanest city on earth. I'd have everyone working with me, succeeding and sharing out the success. I'd make sure they were paid a decent wage with the best bonuses, and that we all worked hard to achieve our goals. Some people might say, ah but they're only bin-man, why do we need to reward them so well for a job anyone can do, but I'd ask them why they believe they are more important than a bin-man? I'd ask them how proud they'd feel if this city became the cleanest in the world? And who would have made them proud? The bin-man."

That is how he does things.

justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home